I’m tired, it’s Tuesday at 22:35 (Swiss time) & I am on the (delayed) late flight home.  It has been a hectic couple of days and I’ll only be able to grab a few hours sleep before I head in to the UK office in the morning.  I’ll need to leave early because if I don’t I’ll spend 3 hours on the M25, and a few minutes extra sleep really doesn’t balance that out.

I didn’t feel tired on Sunday night, I only napped for 30 minutes on Sunday (a new minimalistic record) but I’m flagging a bit now.  Saturday was a bit hectic, marathon number 6 was completed (a review post will follow), recovery Indian takeaway was eaten (turmeric is an anti-inflammatory so it has to be done).  Sunday mostly comprised of establishing that Epsom Salts really do work and I could walk up a slope to the supermarket AND down a slope to get home.  Monday was a day in the Basel office, a 5km run in the heat and a failure to sleep before midnight.

Normally running before bed doesn’t trouble me, I can pretty much sleep whenever I feel like it, and napping doesn’t generally stop me sleeping at night either.  I think last night it was the heat that was causing me issues.  Basel is an odd city, there isn’t much air-conditioning about and so my “small room with window” meant I was dealing with 30 degrees outside and minimal air-flow.  I thought I had packed my Nuun tablets but I haven’t been able to find them, so I am guessing they are still on my spare room floor……I think I sweated out half my body weight whilst I tried to sleep.

(……WTF seriously……you are filing your nails on a plane? Eurgh….I detest the sound of nail filing! Seat 8A BSL to LHR what on earth are you playing at!?)

Today is one of those days when I am glad to be heading home, to my comfy bed, my air conditioning and the Boyf.  Hopefully over the next few days I will feel less tired and be raring to go…I hope so because if not marathon number 7 on Saturday is going to be a bit more of an effort than I am hoping it will be!

Spread the love